Does APC support “app X” ?
- We do not offer support for any apps other than the ones that come pre-installed.
Does APC support Adobe Flash?
- APC does not come pre-installed with a Flash player and we do not officially support any third party plug-ins.
What is the maximum video resolution APC supports?
- APC supports output for 720p.
What multimedia codecs are supported?
- APC supports MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC.1 and H.264 video codecs.
Does the HDMI port have Audio & CEC?
- The HDMI port supports 2 channel stereo audio.
What is APC?
- APC is an Android PC system that enables you to connect to the Internet and run productivity, connectivity, and entertainment apps. Based on the Neo-ITX form factor, APC is small and compact and can be housed in any standard Mini-ITX or microATX chassis. With a full set of consumer I/O features, APC can be connected to a monitor or TV and plugs into a keyboard and mouse.
What is the size of APC?
- APC is based on the Neo-ITX form factor, which measures just 17cm x 8.5cm.
Can you operate APC without a case?
- Yes, APC can operate unhoused but if you desire a case for added protection it has been designed it to fit any standard Mini-ITX or microATX case on the market, providing a ready supply of affordable options for users.
Does APC support touch screens and touch functions?
- No, APC has been designed to be used with a mouse and keyboard for better productivity on a large screen monitor.
Does APC support WiFi?
- APC supports WiFi through USB dongles featuring the following chipsets:
- Ralink RT3070 or RT5370 chipset
- We are currently in the process of testing other dongles for compatibility.
Does APC support touch screens?
- No, APC does not support any touch functions at this time.
Will peripheral “X” work with APC?
- Other than keyboards, mice and the specified USB WiFi dongles, we do not offer support for other peripherals. We are working towards improving this.
Are there any GPIO, SPI, or UART connections on the board?
- There are none at this point in time.
Does APC support dual display?
- APC does not officially support dual display.
What is the power consumption of APC?
- APC consumes 4 watts when operating at idle power and 13.5 watts at maximum load. This is ten times less than a standard PC system and ensures significant power savings in large scale deployments.
Where does the power come from? Do we have to buy that separate or will this work right out the box?
- APC comes with a 13.5W, 9V/1.5A power adaptor. Just plug it in and the system runs.
Is APC low-power enough to run off a PoE switch port or a USB port?
- No, APC can only be powered through the adaptor.
What is the safe operating temperature range of APC?
- The safe operating temperate range is from 5 to 45 degrees Celsius.
Why does the time reset when I disconnect APC’s power?
- The time resets as there is not a battery on-board. As long as you have an Internet connection though, the time will be automatically updated when you restart.
Is there another way to power APC besides the power adaptor?
- Yes, there is a four pin Molenx port which can be used to power APC.
Can I use direct current (DC) to power APC?
- Yes, APC can handle between 9v to 12v DC.
Can the APC use apps from the Google Play market?
- No, APC cannot access apps from Google Play. Only non-market, 3rd party apps can be installed on APC.
Does APC support other operating systems?
- Our own efforts will be focused on developing and supporting a stable, high-quality Android system. However, our hardware will be unlocked.
If the internal flash gets corrupted, leading to a non-booting system, is there a way to recover?
- Yes, we will have an image available to download from apc.io. You will just need to install it on a microSD card and re-flash the system.
What is the max capacity for the microSD?
- The max capacity for the microSD card is 32GB, allowing you to add ample storage space.
Does APC support SATA or plug and play hard drives through the USB ports?
- It is possible to add a hard drive through USB as long as it is FAT or FAT32.
Can I add extra RAM? Are there any DIMM or SIMM slots on APC?
- No, it is not possible to upgrade the RAM on APC. There are no additional DIMM/SIMM slots.